Saturday, October 22, 2011

Are you scared?

In honor of Halloween creeping in, here are my top 2 true life scary stories...

Number One... I have always loved scary movies, the scarier, the better. I will give a best guess on the year, maybe it was 1988. I was around 12 or 13. We (Shawn, Teresa, Ginger, and me), decided to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre at my house one night. I'm thinking this wasn't Ginger's idea, but she was a good sport. Of course, everyone knows the story of this movie, the crazy family was attacking people in the woods with a chainsaw. So, as we are right in the middle of this scary, gorey movie, the living room door flies open, chainsaw roaring! Before we knew what was going on, Ginger had taken a mad dive under the coffee table and the rest of us we scattering for our lives. When the chainsaw stopped, there was only one noise left, the laughter of my parents, who thought we needed a good scare.

Number  Two... This story took place when I was a little older, but my sister, Melissa and her friend, Crystal were about 14. Every once in a while, I would take them places with me. I cannot remember where we had been, maybe to see the original "Scream" at the movies. We were on our way home and this car was following us. The road to home was not lit. There were not many houses. It was kind of a scary drive at night when you were alone. So, this car was on our tail. All I could see is headlights. Knowing that we were lived on a dead end street and we were going home to an empty house, I made the big sister decision to circle around the mountain once, instead of getting trapped by this for sure "murderer" following us. As I sped up and rounded the corner, I lost the headlights. Of course, having two 14 year old girls in the car with me was a buffet of screams, omg's, and drama. Since we had lost the "killer", we headed back to the house. As we neared the dark driveway, there sat the vehicle, facing us, lights out. The closer we got, we realized it was coming towards us. All of sudden, the lights popped on in our face! We were screaming, freaking out! Crystal was yelling "I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!" Then the truck door opened, and Cory got out, holding his stomach laughing. Crystal had already peed her pants. Good times.

If you have any true life scary stories, I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment