Monday, October 31, 2011

Let's Be Real...

The person who wrote the song "Easy like Sunday morning" obviously wasn't taking his family to Church. Ever have one of those mornings where everything is great, then you get out of bed?

So... waking up to a snow covered everything yesterday morning was definitely a temptation to just stay home. It was the first real "enough to play in it" snow. Though, my thoughts were leaning toward hanging out at the house, my husband's were leaning toward going to church. He was right, so we were going. Sometimes, I need that push out the door when it isn't the easier thing to do.

Then the fun started. This is when one thing after another started to happen, to delay our actually getting out the door to go. In short, the girls were ready until they ran out to make snow angels (without our knowledge) and came back in soaking wet. First, they were staying home. Then, so was I. Then, I wasn't and Larry was. Then, no one was going. Then, the irritation rose to a level of "What the heck is even happening here?". Then, it hit me... There is some crazy reason we are having a hard time getting to church today. So, to the devil I said, "You won't win!" We were ALL going, and arrived at church 7 minutes late, with clean, dry clothes, a big sigh, and smiles on our faces. Well, most of us. My Mom's face wasn't so smiley after her fingers were shut in the car door. Ouch!

We aren't perfect, we are real. When you seem to be struggling to do something you need to do, take a step forward and fight your way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment