Thursday, October 27, 2011

I miss being a girl.



Those who know me from "way back when" could tell you how they would have never imagined me wearing an Army uniform. I was the girl who tanned year round (although my friend, Amy advised against it, daily), never had unpainted toenails, and wouldn't even check the mail without being in makeup and "proper" attire.

Seeing pretty faces and cute outfits makes have flashbacks to a time when it mattered a lot to me. I do miss it occasionally. It isn't that I don't care now. It's just not something I work into my schedule. It is expensive and time consuming.

But… I think it makes me feel bad about myself sometimes. I am not girly any more. I no longer have a closet full of pink everything and I am as pale as Napoleon Dynamite.  

And I wonder, am I alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment